Web Servers & Reverse Proxies: Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, Traefik and more¶
- HAProxy (HTTP router and reverse proxy)
- Traefik (HTTP router and reverse proxy)
- Skipper (HTTP router and reverse proxy)
- Reverse Proxy: What, When, How Look at a tutorial that explains reverse proxies.
- opensource.com: A beginner’s guide to load balancing Load balancing distributes resources to where they’re needed most at that moment.
- Dzone Refcard: Essential Apache HTTP Server
- nixCraft: How to secure Apache with Let’s Encrypt Certificates on RHEL 8
- Apache Reverse Proxy Guide
Apache Configuration Samples¶
- Apache Reverse Proxy for Jenkins Reverse Proxy configuration with HTTPS for Jenkins, Sonarqube and Nexus. Based on RHEL 7 Apache config.
- Dzone: NGINX: Load Balancing Your Application Made Easy
- Dzone: Nginx Reverse Proxy Ubuntu 18.04 In this post, we will show you how to install Nginx Web Server and configure it as a reverse proxy on Ubuntu Server 18.04.
- Dzone: DevOps 101: Set Up Nginx in Front of Your Spring Boot Application [Video]
- NGINXConfig 🌟🌟 The easiest way to configure a performant, secure, and stable NGINX server.
- How To Use the Official NGINX Docker Image
- medium: Using Nginx-Ingress as a Static Cache for Assets Inside Kubernetes Optimizing Nginx on Kubernetes Without a Adding a Cloud CDN.
- unit.nginx.org open source multi-language application server
HAProxy (HTTP router and reverse proxy)¶
- Wikipedia: HAProxy
- dzone.com: How to Configure HAProxy as a Proxy and Load Balancer
- tecmint.com: How to Setup High-Availability Load Balancer with ‘HAProxy’ to Control Web Server Traffic
- Tecmint.com: How to Setup HAProxy as Load Balancer for Nginx on CentOS 8
- nixCraft: 9 Awesome Open Source Web Performance Software For Linux and Unix-like Systems
- High priority request queue with HAProxy
Traefik (HTTP router and reverse proxy)¶
- Dzone: How to Use the Open Source Tool Traefik to Direct Kubernetes Traffic
- opensource.com: Directing Kubernetes traffic with Traefik
- blog.tomarrell.com - Kustomize: Traefik v2.2 as a Kubernetes Ingress Controller
- thenewstack.io: Using Traefik Ingress Controller with Istio Service Mesh
Skipper (HTTP router and reverse proxy)¶
Click to expand!
Click to expand!
THREAD— Daniele Polencic (@danielepolencic) February 3, 2021
Nginx has a service mesh too. Is it any good?
Let's find out. pic.twitter.com/890EIahXGq