- Why Not Use Kubernetes
- Amazon ECS
- Docker Enterprise and Docker Universal Control Plane (UCP)
- Docker Swarm
- More Comparisons
Why Not Use Kubernetes¶
- medium: Why Not Use Kubernetes? Is Kubernetes really right for your stack?
- medium: Your team might not need Kubernetes
- thenewstack.io: Do I Really Need Kubernetes?
- infoworld.com: When Kubernetes is not the solution
- ably.com: No, we don’t use Kubernetes
- techtarget.com: Amazon ECS vs. Kubernetes: Which should you use on AWS? How can you approach container orchestration on AWS? Learn the basics about ECS, EKS, DIY Kubernetes and Fargate before you choose an application architecture for your workloads.
- thenewstack.io: No Kubernetes Needed: Amazon ECS Anywhere The idea of ECS Anywhere is simple — run the same ECS agent designed for EC2 instances in external hosts such as bare metal servers, VMs, and even instances running in other public cloud environments.
- Nomad an alternative to Kubernetes
- “Let’s use Kubernetes!” Now you have 8 problems
- nomadproject.io: Nomad vs. Kubernetes
- codemotion.com: Nomad vs Kubernetes but without the complexity
- autentia.com: Nomad vs. Kubernetes
- sysadmincasts.com: Nomad 🌟
- blog.cloudflare.com: How we use HashiCorp Nomad (Cloudflare using Nomad and Consul)
- atodorov.me: Why you should take a look at Nomad before jumping on Kubernetes
- thenewstack.io: Conductor: Why We Migrated from Kubernetes to Nomad “After examining the Kubernetes source code, we realized that the default Kubernetes autoscaler is not designed for batch jobs, which typically have a low tolerance for delay.”
- Portainer Making Docker management easy
- peppe8o.com: Portainer vs Rancher: comparison between the 2 Docker GUI
- stackshare.io: Kubernetes vs Portainer
Docker Enterprise and Docker Universal Control Plane (UCP)¶
- Docker Enterprise
- Universal Control Plane overview Docker Universal Control Plane (UCP) is the enterprise-grade cluster management solution from Docker. You install it on-premises or in your virtual private cloud, and it helps you manage your Docker cluster and applications through a single interface.
- Docker Swarm
- galaxy.ansible.com: Docker Ansible Role Setup Docker on RHEL/CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu servers. The role supports Docker Engine’s “Swarm Mode” to create a cluster of Docker nodes.
- Kubernetes vs Docker Swarm: A Comprehensive Comparison
- Alternative to Kubernetes: Docker Swarm
- dotnettricks.com: Kubernetes vs Docker: Analyzing The Differences
- freecodecamp.org: Kubernetes VS Docker: What’s the Difference? Explained With Example
- kpatronas.medium.com: Docker swarm: High Availability
- semaphoreci.com: Kubernetes vs Docker: Understanding Containers in 2021
- Simplenetes Alternative to Kubernetes written in pure Sh
- blog.opstree.com: A Comparison Between Various Container Orchestration Services! (ECS vs Kubernetes)