- Configuration Management with Ansible DevOps Tool
- Deploying custom files with Jinja2 templates
- Interacting with REST API
- Interview Questions
- Ansible Videos
- Ansible Playbooks
- Ansible Collections
- Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Ansible Cheat Sheets
- Running Ansible Playbooks
- Ansible Molecule. Development and Testing of Ansible Roles
- Ansible Galaxy Roles
- More Ansible Roles
- Awesome Ansible
- Ansible and Public Cloud Guides
- Ansible Kubernetes Module
- NGINX Core Collection for Ansibe
- Dynatrace with Ansible
- SQL Server with Ansible
- OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with Ansible
- Oracle Database with Ansible
- Ansistrano. Deploying applications with Ansible in Capistrano style
- Writing an Ansible module
Configuration Management with Ansible DevOps Tool¶
- dureka.co: What Is Ansible? Configuration Management And Automation With Ansible
- Dzone: Getting Started With Ansible
- Dzone: Part 1: Getting Started with Ansible
- Dzone: Part 2: Deploying Applications
- Dzone: 10 easy to use modules in ansible
- Dzone: Ansible: An Effective IT Automation Tool Learn about Ansible, a tool for automating application deployments, configuration management, and more in a DevOps environment.
- Dzone: Running Ansible at Scale
- Udemy.com: Ansible Essentials: Simplicity in Automation (Free Tutorial)
- Deployment of Microservices in Cloud With Ansible This tutorial will help you understand how Ansible orchestrates Docker containers at least for a dev environment
- opensource.com: How to install software with Ansible Automate software installations and updates across your devices with Ansible playbooks.
- opensource.com: Automate your container orchestration with Ansible modules for Kubernetes 🌟 Combine Ansible with Kubernetes for cloud automation. Plus, get our cheat sheet for using the Ansible k8s module.
- opensource.com: A quickstart guide to Ansible 🌟 Download the Ansible Automation for SysAdmins guide.
- opensource.com: 7 things you can do with Ansible right now If Ansible’s inclusion as a leader on the Forrester Wave report piqued your interest, here are some ways the automation solution can simplify your life.
- medium.com: The Ultimate Guide for Ansible Total Domination 🌟
- opensource.com: Integrate your calendar with Ansible to avoid schedule conflicts 🌟 Make sure your automation workflow’s schedule doesn’t conflict with something else by integrating a calendar app into Ansible.
- opensource.com: My first day using Ansible A sysadmin shares information and advice about putting Ansible into real-world use configuring computers on his network.
- siliconangle.com: Red Hat ties Ansible automation to Kubernetes cluster management 🌟
- sdxcentral.com: Red Hat Links Ansible Automation to Kubernetes Management 🌟
- thenewstack.io: Red Hat Brings Ansible Automation to Kubernetes 🌟
- openshift.com: Ansible and OpenShift: Connecting for Success 🌟
- zdnet.com: ed Hat expands Ansible ready to run cloud programs 🌟 And, on top of more plug-and-play Ansible programs, you can now run Ansible hand-in-glove with Red Hat OpenShift.
- theregister.com: Juggling Ansible, OpenShift and K8s? This is for you: Red Hat couples automation to cluster management
- redhat.com: Ansible Essentials: Simplicity in Automation Technical Overview (Free Course) 🌟
- opensource.com: 10 Ansible modules for Linux system automation c These handy modules save time and hassle by automating many of your daily tasks, and they’re easy to implement with a few commands.
- redhat.com: Renewing my thrill at work with Ansible
- opensource.com: Set up an Ansible lab in 20 minutes Build an environment to support learning and experimenting with new software.
- opensource.com: 4 lines of code to improve your Ansible play
- redhat.com: Demystifying Ansible for Linux sysadmins 🌟 Taking the labor out of labor-intensive tasks is what Ansible is all about. Learn the basics here.
- opensource.com: 10 ways Ansible is for everyone 🌟 Expand your knowledge and skills with the top 10 Ansible articles plus five news summaries from 2020
- ansible.com: Ansible Network Resource Modules: Deep Dive on Return Values
- linkedin.com: Ansible what is it and what not
- redhat.com: How to automate system reboots using the Ansible reboot module
- developer.okta.com: Tutorial: Ansible and Account Automation with Okta
- redhat.com: Got automation? Here’s a quick guide to get you up to speed on Ansible 🌟 This article gives you a quick, high-level guide on how to start with Ansible
- opensource.com: How Ansible got started and grew
- ansible.com: Announcing the Community Ansible 3.0.0 Package 🌟
- toptechskills.com: Ansible Tutorials & Courses 🌟 Ansible is an agentless infrastructure as code (IAC) tool that is super effective at configuring cloud and bare metal infrastructure.
- opensource.com: 5 everyday sysadmin tasks to automate with Ansible 🌟 Get more efficient and avoid errors by automating repeatable daily tasks with Ansible.
- redhat.com: 8 steps to developing an Ansible role in Linux 🌟 In this article, an existing Ansible playbook is used to deploy Vim and convert it to a role adding flexibility and reusability.
- ansible.com: Ansible whitepaper Download this paper for a deep dive into Ansible, an open source IT configuration management, deployment, and orchestration tool.
- redhat.slides.com: Ansible 202 - Best Practices from the field - asciinema.org/~padajuan
- redhat.com: How to use Ansible to send an email using Gmail
- redhat.com: How to use Ansible to configure a reverse proxy 🌟 Placing a load balancer in front of your web server infrastructure helps ensure any spike in traffic doesn’t bring down the site.
- Ansible 3.3.0 released
- fedoramagazine.org: Using Ansible to configure Podman containers 🌟
- acloudguru.com: Ansible vs Puppet: Which is right for you?
- redhat.com: Add a repo and install a package the Ansible way How to add package repositories and install packages on many hosts by using Ansible.
- automateinfra.com: Everything about Ansible 🌟
- redhat.com: Introduction to RHEL System Roles 🌟 How to use Ansible Roles with RedHat Enterprise Linux
- linuxtechlab.com: Ansible Tutorial: Introduction to simple Ansible commands
- k21academy.com: Ansible for Beginners | Overview | Architecture & Use Cases 🌟
- analyticsindiamag.com: Ansible vs Docker: A Detailed Comparison Of DevOps Tools
- redhat.com: 6 steps to automating code pushes with Ansible Automation Platform 🌟 Use a Git push to trigger an Ansible Automation Platform playbook execution in six easy steps.
- redhat.com: 4 steps to create Linux users from a csv file with Ansible Automate Linux user account creation in four simple steps with Ansible.
- cyberciti.biz: How to define multiple when conditions in Ansible
- dev.to: DevOps 101 : Introduction to Ansible
- redhat.com: How to set up and use Python virtual environments for Ansible Python’s venv module gives you freedom to test new Ansible features before deploying them to production and without disturbing your system install.
- redhat.com: Deep dive into Ansible ad hoc commands Make life easier when dealing with Ansible automation by using ad hoc commands.
- redhat.com: How to install software packages with an Ansible playbook Learn how to install new software packages on all your managed hosts with a single Ansible playbook.
- getbetterdevops.io: Build Docker Images Using Ansible and Packer Build Image from Ansible code and persist them on local or in AWS ECR
- developers.redhat.com: Automate Red Hat JBoss Web Server deployments with Ansible
- redhat.com: How to create dynamic configuration files using Ansible templates Ansible templates extend your ability to configure applications quickly and easily. This example uses a template to configure Vim.
- redhat.com: 16 AnsibleFest presentations for sysadmins AnsibleFest offers a lot of information to help sysadmins automate better.
Deploying custom files with Jinja2 templates¶
- infraxpertzz.com: Deploying Custom Files with Jinja2 Template 🌟 - video
- jinja 🌟 Jinja is a fast, expressive, extensible templating engine. Special placeholders in the template allow writing code similar to Python syntax. Then the template is passed data to render the final document.
Interacting with REST API¶
- linuxctl.com: Ansible - Interacting with external REST API Ansible has many powerful modules. One of which is called uri which is capable of sending any kind of HTTP request. Using this module, it is fairly simple to allow ansible to intelligently talk to a REST API. This will come in handy during for automation of the sensu monitoring docker infrastructure I am currently working on.
- steampunk.si: Let us give Ansible a REST
- netways.de: Ansible puede hablar con tu API favorita
- redhat.com: Using Ansible to interact with web endpoints How about an Ansible use case that you can implement today?
- youtube playlist: Ansible Tutorial - by Thetips4you 🌟
- youtube playlist: Ansible Tutorial - by Infra Xpertzz 🌟
- youtube: Ansible for beginners - by XavkiEn - slides
- youtube: Exercises / Monitoring : How to install node exporter 🌟 In this tutorial, we start an exercise to install a monitoring stack. This exercise allows you to add prometheus + grafana on 1 server and node-exporter on all servers.
- github.com/k3s-io/k3s-ansible 🌟 Build a Kubernetes cluster using Ansible with k3s.
- github.com/PyratLabs/ansible-role-k3s 🌟 Ansible role for installing k3s as either a standalone server or HA cluster.
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform¶
- redhat.com: Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform Enhancements and New Certified Ansible Content Collections Refine the Automation Experience to Drive Business Imperatives Ready-to-use, curated automation for a wide range of platforms, public clouds, network and security technologies help organizations more easily get started with the latest trusted automation
- ansible.com: Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 1.2
- pypi.org: ansible-navigator 🌟 A text-based user interface (TUI) for the Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Automation services catalog¶
- ansible.com: Automation services catalog, the newest addition to the Ansible Automation Platform Provide lifecycle management, provisioning, retirement and cataloging of automation resources to your business
Red Hat Certified Ansible Content Collections¶
- ansible.com: Now Available: Red Hat-Maintained Content Collections on Automation Hub
- List of Red Hat Supported Maintained Ansible Collections 🌟
- ansible.com: Automating Red Hat Satellite with Ansible
- galaxy.ansible.com: letsencrypt This collection contains a role for issuing ssl certificates from Let’s Encrypt via dns or http-challenge
- opensource.com: 5 tips for choosing an Ansible collection that’s right for you Try these strategies to find and vet collections of Ansible plugins and modules before you install them.
- ansible.com: Announcing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Certified Ansible Collection 🌟
- youtube: Ansible Collections 🌟
Ansible Cheat Sheets¶
Running Ansible Playbooks¶
- docs.ansible.com: Working With Playbooks
- linuxtechi.com: How to Use Loops in Ansible Playbook
- Ansible Let’s Encrypt Collection
- redhat.com: 6 troubleshooting skills for Ansible playbooks 🌟 Here are six ways you can check for problems when running Ansible playbooks.
- redhat.com: How to pass extra variables to an Ansible playbook Learn how to pass variables to your Ansible playbooks makes them more portable and flexible.
Running Ansible Playbooks From Jenkins¶
- Dzone: Running Ansible Playbooks From Jenkins
- itnext.io: Ansible and Jenkins — automate your scritps 🌟
Ansible Tower and Ansible AWX. Running Ansible Playbooks From Ansible Tower¶
- Ansible Tower
- Ansible Tower Docs
- Ansible AWX
- AWX Operator An Ansible AWX operator for Kubernetes built with Operator SDK and Ansible.
- Red Hat Ansible Tower Monitoring: Using Prometheus + Node Exporter + Grafana
- linuxsysadmins.com: Install Ansible AWX on Kubernetes in 5 minutes
- steampunk.si: Managing infrastructure using Ansible Tower
- maquinasvirtuales.eu: Docker Swarm: Instalar Ansible AWX
- miquelmariano.github.io: Instalación de Ansible AWX sobre Centos 7 con Docker
- techsupportpk.com: Install Ansible AWX on CentOS, RHEL 7, 8
- developer.ibm.com: Automating IT infrastructure using Ansible and AWX
- medium: Ansible AWX: from scratch to REST API (part 4 of 8) Playbook to automate AWX REST API interactions
Tower and AWX Installers¶
- galaxy.ansible.com/geerlingguy/awx 🌟 Installs and configures AWX (Ansible Tower’s open source version).
- AWX Ansible Collection: galaxy.ansible.com/awx/awx This Ansible collection allows for easy interaction with an AWX server via Ansible playbooks.
- vagrant: ansible tower
- vagrant: centos-awx
- github.com/tom-256/ansible-awx-packer ansible awx golden image based amazon linux
- github.com/scorputty/packer-centos-awx Packer image build code for Ansible AWX (Tower) Vagrant box
- artifacthub.io: Helm Charts - AWX
- AWS Marketplace (AMIs): AWX/Tower
Alternatives to Ansible Tower¶
- Ansible Modules to manage Foreman and Katello installations
- Foreman Ansible Modules (FAM) Ansible modules for interacting with the Foreman API and various plugin APIs such as Katello.
- RFC: Foreman Operations Ansible Collection
- theforeman.org: Updating Foreman inventory with system facts
- theforeman.org: Foreman 3.0 is here!
Ansible Molecule. Development and Testing of Ansible Roles¶
- Ansible Molecule Molecule project is designed to aid in the development and testing of Ansible roles.
- Molecule Configuration
- jeffgeerling.com: Testing your Ansible roles with Molecule
- PDF: Practical Ansible Testing with Molecule
- opensource.com: Testing Ansible roles with Molecule Learn how to automate your verifications using Python.
- medium.com: Test driven Development with Ansible using Molecule
Ansible Galaxy Roles¶
- redhat.com: A brief introduction to Ansible roles for Linux system administration 🌟 In this part one of two articles, learn to use rhel-system-roles with your Ansible deployment to better manage functionality such as network, firewall, SELinux, and more on your Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
- Ansible Role: Docker 🌟 An Ansible Role that installs Docker on Linux. “My Docker role now supports managing the Docker
daemon.jsonfile, after years of people asking” (Jeff Geerling)
More Ansible Roles¶
- Tronde/ansible-role-rhel-patchmanagement Use Ansible and some custom scripts to deploy advisories and patches to RHEL servers.
Ansible and Public Cloud Guides¶
- Public Cloud Guides 🌟
- Ansible to automate Microsoft Azure
- medium: AWS Configuration with Web Server in EC2 Using Ansible
Ansible Kubernetes Module¶
NGINX Core Collection for Ansibe¶
Dynatrace with Ansible¶
- dynatrace.com: Achieve faster time to value by deploying thousands of OneAgents at once with Ansible (Preview)
SQL Server with Ansible¶
OCI Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with Ansible¶
Oracle Database with Ansible¶
- github.com/oravirt/ansible-oracle-modules Oracle modules for Ansible
- oravirt.wordpress.com: Getting started with ansible-oracle
- oravirt.wordpress.com: Changes in ansible-oracle v1.2
- github.com/abessifi/ansible-sqlplus Ansible role to install sqlplus tool to connect to an Oracle database server
- stackoverflow.com: Ansible playbook to execute Oracle script
- stackoverflow.com: Running Oracle SQL scripts with Ansible playbook
Ansistrano. Deploying applications with Ansible in Capistrano style¶
Writing an Ansible module¶
- docs.ansible.com: Developing Ansible modules
- ansible.com: Automating your business application’s REST API with Ansible You will learn how you can use Ansible to talk to your business application’s REST API - and to develop your own Ansible modules doing just that.
- liquidat.wordpress.com: [Howto] Writing an Ansible module for a REST API
- techforce1.nl: Creating your first Ansible module